Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2012 21:53:34 +0400
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: OSX problems with Jumbo-6 OpenCL

On Thu, Jul 05, 2012 at 12:20:31PM -0400, Rob Fuller wrote:
> I have symlinked /usr/local/cuda/lib to /usr/local/cuda/lib64 as well as to
> /usr/local/cuda/lib/x86_64 the contents of which are:
>
> libcublas.dylib libcudart.dylib libcuinj.dylib libcusparse.dylib
> libtlshook.dylib
> libcuda.dylib libcufft.dylib libcurand.dylib libnpp.dylib
>
> Made the symlinks so I wouldn't have to keep editing the Makefile each rev,
> but if there is a better way please let me know or if I don't have the
> paths/links right, don't have something installed, etc..

FWIW, on Linux with a default install of the SDK I do:

export PATH=$PATH:/usr/local/cuda/bin
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/cuda/lib64

and don't edit John's Makefile.  Maybe we should have this recipe
somewhere in the documentation or/and on the wiki.

Perhaps something similar would work for OS X as well?

Alexander