Date: Wed, 04 Jul 2012 02:12:44 +0200
From: magnum <john.magnum@...hmail.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: OSX problems with Jumbo-6 OpenCL

On 2012-07-04 00:59, magnum wrote:
> On 2012-07-04 00:34, magnum wrote:
>> OK so the path issue is fixed and does not need fixing in our tree (I'm
>> pretty sure it's documented).
>>
>> The "Error -54" is a bug: It should give you a human-readable error.
>> This is fixed now and soon committed. The actual error is
>> "CL_INVALID_WORK_GROUP_SIZE"
>>
>> The root cause has been known since April but no-one has apparently done
>> anything about it yet, likely because people develop on heavier GPU cards:
>> http://www.openwall.com/lists/john-dev/2012/04/10/4
>
> This is now fixed in the following formats (but they still don't use
> Lukas' new shared find_best_workgroup()):
>
>  src/opencl_mysqlsha1_fmt.c |    4 +++-
>  src/opencl_nsldaps_fmt.c   |    5 +++--
>  src/opencl_rawmd5_fmt.c    |    5 +++--
>  src/opencl_rawsha1_fmt.c   |    4 +++-
>
> We'll see if this fixes the problems.

It fixed a lot of cosmetical problems but main problem remains (see
https://github.com/magnumripper/magnum-jumbo/issues/50 for details).
This user has a device seemingly not capable of OpenCL 1.1 (it's a
GeForce GT 330M) so this is likely caused by byte_addressable_store
(anyone know if raw-md5-opencl needs that?). I asked him to move to this
list instead of using "GitHub Issues", we'll see if he does.

magnum