Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2012 19:07:01 -0500
From: "jfoug" <jfoug@....net>
To: <john-dev@...ts.openwall.com>
Subject: RE: New -list function added to bleeding.  -list=format-methods

I used override, due to my background in C++   All of the methods are
implemented. The 'fmt_default_WHICH' is the base implementation.  NULL
should be viewed as a 'pure virtual' in C++.  I.e. bad, and should be set to
default.   When a format author writes his own, he has overridden the
default method.

However, the naming really means little to me.  If others want it changed,
that is fine, the output is what is important anyway.

Btw, sha1-raw-LI does have a get-source ;)   See why this information was
needed.