Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2012 12:45:08 -0400
From:  <jfoug@....net>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Cc: magnum <john.magnum@...hmail.com>
Subject: Re: SHA2 added to bleeding

---- magnum <john.magnum@...hmail.com> wrote:
> On 2012-06-30 18:13, jfoug wrote:
> This is committed to bleeding now. I think we should commit it to
> magnum-jumbo too, pretty soon.

We could.  I held up on making too many wholesale changes yet to jumbo, just in case we needed to fire off a J7.  But after things shake out a little, getting this over to Jumbo should be done.

It 'should' be pretty much a no-op, if you build with oSSL version that is not in the dinosaur ages, anyway.

However, this would be a good time to start looking at improving the speed of my code, and where it benches faster, actually using it. Also, it would be good to start down the sha2x and sha5x intrisic SSE code path.

Jim.