Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2012 06:03:35 +0400
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: office2john.c command-line

Dhiru -

On Fri, Jun 29, 2012 at 05:56:07AM +0400, Solar Designer wrote:
> There should be some documentation on using the Office 2007/2010 file
> support.  Right now, the office2john program is not compiled by default
> (because of its extra dependencies, I guess), and the "make office2john"
> target is not even documented.
>
> Please add a doc/OFFICE file.

Here's what I am using for now:

$ cat OFFICE
To use John the Ripper on Office 2007/2010 encrypted files, first build
the included office2john program with "make office2john" in the src/
directory.  Please note that it has extra prerequisites compared to John
itself, which is why it is not being built by default.  Thus, you will
need to install additional "development" packages first.

Once this is in magnum-jumbo, please add more specific information on
what packages need to be installed.

Alexander