Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2012 01:29:33 +0200
From: magnum <john.magnum@...hmail.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Shouldn't the TS work with a pw.dic in reversed order
 as well?

On 2012-06-29 01:14, Frank Dittrich wrote:
> With non-OMP linux-x86-clang, I can reproduce the errors.
> All dictionary files are with reversed order of candidatepasswords,
> compared to the official TS.

Does not happen with linux-x86-64-clang. With reversed dic files and not
running "full" (so not including the super slow formats that use first
200 words and the like), I only get fails for crc32 and these tests are
special (like checking for last line not including a CR), so are
probably natural after reversing wordlist.
Also, I got the weird 1502 out of 1500 for mscash-utf8. We have seen
this before occasionally, it's actually 1502 entries in the pot files
with two being dupes. So everything was cracked but dupe suppression of
cracks failed. We never found the culprit before (actually suspected
core) but I'll have a look again. Not a blocker.

magnum