Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2012 08:28:27 +0530
From: SAYANTAN DATTA <std2048@...il.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Sayantan:Weekly Report #10

On Tue, Jun 26, 2012 at 11:20 PM, SAYANTAN DATTA <std2048@...il.com> wrote:

> Accomplishments:
> 1.Focussed primarily on learning AMD IL.
>
> Priorities:
> 1. Building opencl programs from modified IL codes.
> (I have been working on this since last week but I met with little
> success. Primary problem being the modification of the generated binaries
> containing the IL. So I'm looking for alternates which doesn't involve
> modification of binaries.)
>
> Regards,
> Sayantan

I reported this issue to developer.amd .com. Here's the link:
http://devgurus.amd.com/message/1282171#1282171

Although this method is not officially supported by AMD but as far as I can
see there is not much alternative other than modifying the IL in binaries
itself. This seems to be a daunting task given that I would also have to
learn the some of the libelf API in order to modify the IL in binaries.

Content of type "text/html" skipped