Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2012 13:23:03 +0200
From: Frank Dittrich <frank_dittrich@...mail.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Markov segfault

On 06/26/2012 12:21 PM, magnum wrote:
> Frank,
>
> Markov mode just segfaults for me (and I'm talking magnum-jumbo, not a merge problem). Even just "john -markov -stdout" crashes, MPI or not. I told you there be dragons.
>
> Problem seem to be *before* the latest patch. Null-pointer I believe.

Thanks for catching this before jumbo-6, I should have found and fixed
it before sending a patch.

The logic to allow % for start/end re-introduced a NULL poiner
dereference while accessing start/end tokens from the --markov[=options].

Attached patch fixes that.

Frank

View attachment "0001-Markov-fix-segfault-re-introduced-with-commit-2c5a95.patch" of type "text/x-patch" (1528 bytes)