Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2012 02:24:25 +0400
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Jumbo candidate vs Test Suite

Lukas, myrice, Sayantan, magnum -

On Tue, Jun 26, 2012 at 12:04:49AM +0200, Lukas Odzioba wrote:
> mscash1-2 cuda are blockers, I have found some problem with salt
> length, but didn't figure out yet what's wrong.

OK.  So please proceed to work on it and try to complete it today.

> mscash2 - OpenCL:
> a) fails on my gtx460 (out of resources)
> b) in my opinion default max_keys is too large: - code will be
> unusable on slower cards

Why not reduce the default keys count, then?

Also, can we have the defaults tuned for newer cards (I suggest tuning
for those we have in bull), yet have the code runnable on older cards
(perhaps non-optimally) with those same settings?  Would this result in
non-optimal performance on the newer cards as well (since we have to
reduce the key count to make the code runnable on older cards)?

Alexander