Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2012 13:47:34 +0400
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: oracle bitslice patch fails to compile for MacOS targets

Piyush -

On Mon, Jun 25, 2012 at 02:24:31PM +0530, Piyush Mittal wrote:
> Which assembly code you are talking of

The bitslice DES code for x86-64, x86/SSE2, x86/MMX.  You've added a
function to DES_bs_b.c as discussed, but not to the *.S files.  When
compiling for those archs and without OpenMP, DES_bs_b.c's code is not
used, but a .S file is.

> and what changes do I need to correct it ?

You don't need to correct it.  Maybe I will, when/if I approach
integrating those bitslicing-of-additional-formats changes into the
tree or re-doing them myself.  What you're working on now is
complicated enough for you as it is, so let's not add to it.

Thanks,

Alexander