Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2012 02:51:05 +0200
From: Frank Dittrich <frank_dittrich@...mail.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: relbench and changed format names

On 06/22/2012 02:19 AM, Solar Designer wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 22, 2012 at 01:57:25AM +0200, magnum wrote:
>> But no, I don't have any specific suggestion (unless "relbench could use
>> the fastest found" is a suggestion. Maybe it is).
>
> It is a specific suggestion, and a reasonable one.  However, it would be
> bad for some use cases of relbench - e.g., when trying to see the effect
> of compiler options.

This would also be unfair if the different implementations don't support
the same maximum password length:

raw-sha1	55
raw-sha1-ng	15

But even with the same format name and the same source file there is no
guarantee that the maximum password length for the sse2 implementation
is the same as for the mmx implementaion.
So we might compare apples to oranges even if we just compare an sse2
and an mmy build.

Frank