Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2012 12:14:09 -0500
From: "jfoug" <jfoug@....net>
To: <john-dev@...ts.openwall.com>
Subject: RE: $ ./john --test=0 segfaults on wpapsk format for linux-x86-sse2 build

This was the bug I listed, that needed fixed.  In bleeding edge, the format
must have a fmt_default_get_source, but the one submitted to bleeding does
not have this.  I have sent a patch off to magnum to fix this, but it has
not been applied to bleeding yet.

Here is the patch.  This should ONLY be applied to magnum-bleeding, NOT to
magnum-jumbo.

Jim.

From: Elijah [W&P] [mailto:smarteam.support@...il.com]

similar issue with win32-cygwin-sse2i

----

>- JtR-TestSuite (jtrts). Version 1.12.2, June 3, 2012.  By, Jim Fougeron &
others

>- Testing:  John the Ripper password cracker, version
1.7.9.4-bleeding-jumbo [win32-cygwin-x86-sse2i]

-----

>John Jumbo build detected.

>testing: john -test=0

>Benchmarking: wpapsk [OpenSSL]... FAILED (method get_source NULL)

>1 out of 136 tests have FAILED

>testing: john -test=0 -enc:utf8

>testing: john -test=0 -enc:koi8r

>Benchmarking: wpapsk [OpenSSL]... FAILED (method get_source NULL)

>1 out of 136 tests have FAILED

Content of type "text/html" skipped

Download attachment "Jumbo-bleeding-wpapsk-fix.diff" of type "application/octet-stream" (373 bytes)