Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2012 08:25:28 +0200
From: Frank Dittrich <frank_dittrich@...mail.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: [RFC] Makefile: adding two more linux-x86 targets

On 06/22/2012 08:04 AM, Dhiru Kholia wrote:
> What do you guys think about adding two more targets linux-x86 targets
> (patch attached)? linux-x86-clang-debug is super good for debugging.
> Just helped me fix a nasty bug in EPiServer format.

I think it is a good idea, but you should move the two lines which are
printed when no valid target is specified further down.
Move them from between linux-x86-opencl and linux-x86-cuda further down
after linux-x86-any.
Most regular users will still use gcc as their compiler, and you know
that those build targets exist.

Also, isn't clang able to build 64 bit targets?
If it is, these make targets should be added as well.

Frank