Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2012 19:35:51 +0200
From: Frank Dittrich <frank_dittrich@...mail.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: 1.7.9-jumbo-6

On 06/21/2012 06:22 PM, magnum wrote:
> Committed. Now we have this:
>
> --wordlist[=FILE] without a FILE will use the wordlist configured in
> john.conf (same as for batch-mode)
>
> --loopback[=FILE] is a new option for using a .pot file as a wordlist.
> This will imply --dupe-suppress. If FILE is not given, the active pot
> file is used.
>
> --dupe-suppression is a new option switch that turns full dupe checking
> (and buffering) on, regardless of size.
>
> I had to drop options flags for a couple old options that could do fine
> without them. Now we are completely out of options flags unless we go
> 64-bit.
>
> Frank, could you tweak bash_completion for this please? BTW I also added
> a hidden option --length=N, force a lower max. length (mostly for
> debugging but this can be useful in other cases too).

Done.
For --wordlist, I just had to make sure it gets completed to --wordlist=
if either the file name is not optional or if __john_completion = 2.

For --loopback, the completion is --loopback= if that option exists and
if __john_completion = 2.
--loopback= (or -loo: or other abbreviated forms) will use .pot files as
possible completions.

Completion for abbreviated forms of --dupe-suppression and --length=
worked without requiring any adjustment.

Frank

View attachment "john.bash_completion" of type "text/plain" (23814 bytes)