Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2012 19:40:45 +0400
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Myrice: Weekly Report #10

myrice -

On Thu, Jun 21, 2012 at 11:16:55PM +0800, myrice wrote:
> Priories:
> - Discuss recorded hashes on GPU: method like clear_cache() and global
> varible in self_test
> - Boost my progress
> - Password Generation on GPU

OK.  I suspect that there may be times when your work is stalled, such
as waiting for my comments.  When that happens, can you please start
work on bitslice DES on GPU?  Traditional DES-based crypt(3) is only
semi-fast, so it is similar to raw SHA-512 in this respect - and may
thus be reasonably implemented on GPU before we have password generation
on GPU.  Time is running out fast (I mean the summer), so you should
never stay idle and should proceed with a next task (and I've just
proposed one) instead of simply waiting (when we're discussing things on
another task).

Thanks,

Alexander