Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2012 18:53:46 +0400
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: 1.7.9-jumbo-6

On Thu, Jun 21, 2012 at 08:05:02AM -0500, jfoug wrote:
> Win32-cygwin-x86-mmx.  Works.  (but mmx is almost never a real target these
> days anyway)
> Dynamic formats: [64/64 SSE2 intrinsics 64x2]. But I thought MMX used the .s
> files.

This looks like a bug (in algorithm name reporting) - can you look into
this and fix it?  (Yes, the bug is probably mine.)

> Others show this: Benchmarking: Kerberos AFS DES [48/64 4K MMX].

This will (correctly) say MMX even in SSE2 builds, because the
non-bitslice DES implementation that this uses can't use wider than
64-bit words anyway (so it does in fact use no better than MMX).

> Benchmarking: HTTP Digest access authentication MD5 [64/64 MMX 2x].

This suggests that the output for dynamic formats is in fact erroneous.

Thanks,

Alexander