Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2012 18:48:17 +0400
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: 1.7.9-jumbo-6

On Thu, Jun 21, 2012 at 07:33:25AM +0200, Frank Dittrich wrote:
> I can test -any, --mmx, -sse2, -sse2i and generic on linux-x86.
> I'll run both john --test and the JtR test suite.

Great.

> Should I also try relbench, and compare the jumbo-5 results with current
> magnum-jumbo?

You may, but this will fail to compare many of the formats because of
the renames.  Maybe you can correct that by preparing a script that
would do similar renames in output of jumbo-5.  Maybe we can even
include that script along with jumbo-6.  In fact, maybe that script
shouldn't be specific to this one occasion, but should be a script to
turn all historical format names to what they're currently called in
whatever revision of jumbo the script is included with.

Thanks,

Alexander