Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2012 07:53:08 +0400
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: 1.7.9-jumbo-6

Hi,

I think we're almost ready to release the current magnum-jumbo as
1.7.9-jumbo-6.  If you're aware of anything that needs to happen before
we make this release, please let me know (post to this thread).

Also, now is the time to proceed with testing on lots of platforms.
For example, I am unsure if my recent changes to ALGORITHM_NAME for
sse-intrinsics work as intended on 32-bit builds (-any, -mmx, -sse2) -
can anyone test that, please?

I was hoping to have things like working md5crypt on 7970, support for
Win64, and a few others - but let's not postpone the release any
further.  We already have too much new stuff for just one jumbo update.

magnum - it'd be nice if you revise CHANGES-jumbo to refer to the added
formats by their new/actual names.

Also, one important change to make before we release is to have wordlist
dupe suppression disabled by default, as discussed.  Can we get this in
within a day (so that it's included in the pre-release testing), please?

Thanks,

Alexander