Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2012 13:37:17 +0200
From: Lukas Odzioba <lukas.odzioba@...il.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Lukas - status report #9

THIS WEEK:
I consulted my priorites with Alexander last week.
I worked on cuda patches - related to TS problems:
-I found bugs in cryptmd5 and phpass (now they're fixed), by the way I
made little improvements and code refactoring and now cryptmd5 is
slightly faster.
-mscash* problems in TS seems to be related to TS (or ciphertext
format) I tried to run crack some hashes manually and it worked
without a problem (I'll review it once again and report back)
-fixed wpapsk cpu format

NEXT WEEK:
Now I'll try fix opencl (asic and ts) errors and will start working on
opencl performance optimizations, in order listed by Alexander in #8
report.
I want to try .cu compilation for both  sm10 and sm20, and execution
for the newer one if possible (it's small 1-2h task), so at least we
won't have to bother user with this parameter

OTHER STUFF:
We do not have tests for grub and wpapsk formats maybe we should create them.
In my opinion TS should report failed john run as a failed test.

Lukas