Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2012 09:01:02 +0200
From: magnum <john.magnum@...hmail.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: format renames

On 2012-06-19 02:53, Solar Designer wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 18, 2012 at 07:48:52PM -0500, jfoug wrote:
>> I do not get the types appended to the dynamic.  I assume this was part of
>> what you were working on Alex.
>
> I am getting rid of the hardcoded "SSE2i" because it was often wrong
> (the code may actually be AVX or XOP).  I tested this on various
> linux-x86-64* builds, as well as generic (on 64-bit), but this is yet to
> be tested on 32-bit builds.
>
>> However, I have changed the strings for the dynamic types.
>
> Thank you!
>
> magnum - please apply Jim's patch as well.

Done. I also patched a number of Lukas' formats that you missed due to
even stranger use of the macros (they had other names for ALGORITHM_NAME).

I left the GPU format names as Crypt-MD5 although it's not consistent
with FreeBSD MD5. Not sure what to do, maybe the latter should be
changed even though it's more clear in our eyes.

magnum