Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2012 17:28:02 +0200
From: magnum <john.magnum@...hmail.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Re: [patch] optional new raw sha1 implemetation

On 2012-06-17 17:11, magnum wrote:
> It's gone again anyway, Tavis reverted to defining _GNU_SOURCE and using
> memrchr. Will this work on *BSD? I have no idea. For a Sparc it's no
> issue since the format won't be included anyway.

Tavis, I just got this report off-list:

   "_memrchr", referenced from:
       _sha1_fmt_get_key in taviso_fmt.o
       _sha1_fmt_cmp_one in taviso_fmt.o
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[1]: *** [../run/john] Error 1
make: *** [macosx-x86-64] Error 2

...so I think you really need to ditch that memrchr (or write your own,
it's trivial).

magnum