Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2012 01:22:47 +0200
From: magnum <john.magnum@...hmail.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Re: [patch] optional new raw sha1 implemetation

On 2012-06-15 23:06, Simon Marechal wrote:
> The current SSE code cracks 19.8M c/s. Taviso's is faster at 21.3M c/s,
> and doesn't use the register scheduling trick that is in
> sse-intrinsics.c. This _might_ mean it could be faster.
>
> Some of the improvements can't be moved to the intrinsics code as it
> would break things, so it makes sense to keep it as is :
> * reversing the last steps
> * limiting the max password length
>
> The code seems to be full on fun stuff however, and to be a good read.

Also, unlike the formats that use intrinsics.c, this format will benefit
from a reduced binary_size (just the one 32-bit int that is checked in
cmp_all()), and a "linkedin" version of that would probably perform way
better than our current one, with six million hashes. This would be
trivial. Maybe I'll try it out later unless someone else do.

magnum