Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2012 21:13:39 +0200
From: magnum <john.magnum@...hmail.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Re: Re: [patch] optional new raw sha1 implemetation

On 2012-06-15 20:02, Tavis Ormandy wrote:
> 5% improvement is nice, but I'm dissapointed it's not higher. Could you send
> me a .o file? I would like to disassemble it and see where GCC goes wrong,
> hopefully there's a simple way to fix it.
>
> Version 3 attached.

Tavis,

I have committed this to magnum-jumbo for now, although it won't make it
into a Jumbo release in the current form (magnum-jumbo is not really an
official repo, but in the end most of it is likely to be the next Jumbo
release).

The current plugin "system" can't handle requirements like SSSE4, OpenCL
 >= x.y or CUDA/OpenCl. So any format that has such prerequistes are
currently non-plugins (the only difference is two lines + #ifdefs in
john.c, see eg. rawSHA256_fmt.c for an example).

We'd love to see your CUDA SHA-1 format too.

magnum