Date: Mon, 04 Jun 2012 22:52:13 +0200
From: magnum <john.magnum@...hmail.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: OpenSSL 1.0.1c and GOST hash support

On 06/04/2012 09:42 AM, Dhiru Kholia wrote:
> Which header file do I include for testing OpenSSL's GOST
> implementation? Searching for gost_init in /usr/include/openssl didn't
> yield any results. However running nm on /usr/lib/engines/libgost.so
> *does* find gost_init symbol. Any ideas?

I don't think it exposes any low level interface.

http://cvs.openssl.org/fileview?f=openssl/engines/ccgost/README.gost

I have found I have gost stuff in my OpenSSL 1.0.0, including gost_init,
yet it doesn't clash when compiling JtR. Not sure why. Anyway it seems
only the gost_init name clashes, although we should probably rename all
of them. Or maybe we should do what Solar said, that's probably better
unless we think we might need GOST support in other formats later?

magnum