Date: Sat, 2 Jun 2012 03:57:29 +0200
From: Lukas Odzioba <lukas.odzioba@...il.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: GPU fixes

Magnum,all:
Finally I did what I promised long time ago. If you will have any
suggestions please tell me, I should be more responsive in fixing code
now.
Patch should go nicely over magnum's your repository.
Changes:
1) removed unused (k,j) variables from opencl_bf_std.c: In function
'opencl_BF_std_crypt':
2) added more HANDLE_CLERROR to my opencl patches
(pwsafe,phpass,cryptmd5,wpapsk)
3) removed static tables for passwords and hashes from my opencl patches
4) fixed KPC%LWS!=0 bug in my patches
5) fixed byte addressable store in phpass, cryptmd5
6) moved find_best_workgroup to common-opencl: it needs some more work
to get more consistent results, but at least we do not have (my) copy
pasted code.
7) added pwsafe ports for cuda and opencl

SOME of TODOs:
wpapsk fix byte addressable store
wpapsk add cpu version (I've got in on disc but with some crazy bug)
pwsafe fix amd devices
phpass fix nvidia devices
make input for mscash2 cuda consistent with cpu version + add rounds
add $H$ to phpass-opencl (I was doing it long time ago but somehow it
didn't become public...)
add 0 lenght salt to phpass - I think this is out of specification,
but because of last contest we might want it.
add more tests to mscash2
add more benchmarks in doc/CUDA_README
get rid of KEYS_PER_CRYPT from cuda and opencl code.

Lukas

Download attachment "opencl_cuda_fixes.diff" of type "application/octet-stream" (69093 bytes)