Date: Mon, 28 May 2012 22:29:01 -0500
From: "jfoug" <jfoug@....net>
To: <john-dev@...ts.openwall.com>
Subject: RE: get_source() (was: memory usage within JtR and possible ways to significantly reduce it.)

With the correction on line 493, I see no other areas where ->source is used
without checking for it, with the exception of the regen_salt logic.  Any
format that will be using the regen_salt logic will likely have to have the
sources pre-allocated.

But all other uses of the pw->source are now properly protected by a pointer
check first.