Date: Mon, 28 May 2012 22:04:05 +0400
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: memory usage within JtR and possible ways to significantly reduce it.

Jim, magnum -

On Sun, May 27, 2012 at 10:06:39AM -0500, jfoug wrote:
> I have this change done, and it has been patched into magnum-jumbo, and
> bleeding edge (I think bleeding edge).

It is great news that you implemented this - thank you! - but I never
intended it to be included into the upcoming jumbo (in June?)  I think
this is too invasive a change to be included now.  It may/will cause
problems during the upcoming contest (if magnum-jumbo is used, which I
guess it will be) and more problems in the next jumbo release, if that
code is included.  Can we back it out and plan to reintroduce it after
next jumbo release?

Thanks,

Alexander