Date: Wed, 16 May 2012 00:45:56 +0200
From: Frank Dittrich <frank_dittrich@...mail.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Fwd: bash auto-completion for john

On 05/13/2012 12:22 AM, magnum wrote:
> Also, I have mixed feeling about hard-coded lists. If you hard-code
> "appendluhn" and the user runs an older version not having that, it will
> be very confusing.

AppendLuhn has been added to the official john.conf with 1.7.8 (released
in June, 2011, distributed with fedora 16).
It was the only external mode added in that release.
Many of the other external modes have been added with 1.7.7 (released in
April, 2011).

Do you know which official john version is included in other recent
Linux distributions?

How far back in time should I go with my hard coded list?

Frank