Date: Fri, 11 May 2012 02:04:01 +0200
From: Frank Dittrich <frank_dittrich@...mail.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Fwd: bash auto-completion for john

On 05/11/2012 12:46 AM, magnum wrote:
> I committed a first version to git now. It's now:
>
> --list=[inc-modes|rules|externals|ext-filters|ext-modes]
>
> --list=externals will list all and any externals.
> --list=ext-modes will list external modes that has generate().
>
> --list=ext-filters will list external modes that has filter()
> *including* ones that also has generate(). This suits bash completion.
> For other uses (like JtR GUI) we might need another option later, eg.
> --list=ext-filters-only that lists external modes that has filter() but
> *not* generate().

Not bad. Seems to work fine when fed with valid input.
Even the combination with --config= works.

$ ./john --config=dumb16.conf --list=ext-modes
dumb16

Excellent!

But:

$ ./john --config=dumb16.conf --list=?
Segmentation fault (core dumped)

$ ./john --list=?
Segmentation fault (core dumped)

It would be great if --list=? would provide a list of implemented --list
options instead of a segfault.

> Now, I look forward to some more bash completion magic from Frank!

May be I'll not be able to work on this tomorrow. We'll see.
But it shouldn't be too hard for you to extend the current logic.

Frank