Date: Fri, 4 May 2012 12:32:24 +0300
From: Milen Rangelov <gat3way@...il.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: New RAR OpenCL kernel

Hey I think I found the key to fast and reliable way of rejecting bad
candidates with RAR/no header encryption.The file size would stop being a
concern since generally speaking, even a few tens of bytes of
decrypted/decompressed data would be enough to rule out almost all bad
candidates.

Tonight I will do some more tests, but if I am correct in all cases and if
I am correct, this should become just a bit slower than archives with
header compression.

Unfortunately this cannot be done on GPUs though. Especially with archives
containing PPM blocks, no way.

Content of type "text/html" skipped