Date: Thu, 03 May 2012 13:54:40 +0200
From: magnum <john.magnum@...hmail.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Problems with OpenCL cryptmd5, phpass and wpapsk

Lukas,

We are soon(ish) wrapping up a Jumbo release so we need the following
issues fixed (tested on bull today). I presume all three are trivial
problems:

crypt-md5-opencl: Fails building on both the AMD and NVidia.
phpass-opencl: Fails at runtime on GTX570 with CL_OUT_OF_RESOURCES.
wpapsk-opencl: Fails at runtime on GTX570 with CL_OUT_OF_RESOURCES.

Also, I believe all three use byte addressable store. This is lower
priority but it would be a good thing if you could work away from this
too. Besides making your formats work on more devices (actually we
already have users complaining), it might also speed things up.

magnum