Date: Thu, 03 May 2012 17:56:09 +0200
From: magnum <john.magnum@...hmail.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Nvidia compiler verbosity

On 05/02/2012 07:05 PM, Claudio André wrote:
> Hi, now it is possible to enabled verbose on NVIDIA compiler. No side
> effects.
>
> Register, local, shared, and constant memory usages are reported by the
> compiler when compiling with the -cl-nv-verbose build option.

Here is a parlor for the cryptical output. Some of them were hard to
find and the CUDA nomenclature differs from OpenCL so I thought I'd
share it.

smem            CUDA shared / OpenCL local memory
lmem            CUDA local / OpenCL global memory
cmem[0]         kernel arguments
cmem[1]         variables
cmem[2]         user defined __constant__ objects
cmem[14]        compiler generated constants
cmem[16]        compiler generated constants (some of which may
correspond to literal constants in the source code)

magnum