Date: Thu, 03 May 2012 03:08:27 +0200
From: magnum <john.magnum@...hmail.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Nvidia compiler verbosity

On 05/02/2012 10:59 PM, magnum wrote:
> On 05/02/2012 07:05 PM, Claudio André wrote:
>> Hi, now it is possible to enabled verbose on NVIDIA compiler. No side
>> effects.
>>
>> Register, local, shared, and constant memory usages are reported by the
>> compiler when compiling with the -cl-nv-verbose build option.
>
> This never worked for me. Maybe I should try again.

This works for me now, on bull. Here's rar:

ptxas info    : Function properties for SetCryptKeys
 200 bytes stack frame, 0 bytes spill stores, 0 bytes spill loads
ptxas info    : Used 58 registers, 52 bytes cmem[0], 16 bytes cmem[16]

I think I recall the mere fact I have a stack frame is non-optimal.
Interesting.

magnum