Date: Tue, 01 May 2012 23:40:13 +0200
From: magnum <john.magnum@...hmail.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: New JtR functionality, re-build lost salts

On 04/30/2012 11:27 PM, jfoug wrote:
> I have added some code, that will allow john to find Password/Salts in
> certain situations, if all that is available is the MD5 hash.   Frequently,
> in large hash lists, there are some of these salted hashes in there, but
> with missing salts.   This modification to JtR will allow these to be found
> (albeit, pretty slowly).   This patch has not been put into the .git repo
> (magnum-jumbo) yet, but it properly patches a clean pull from magnum-jumbo.

I get these warnings:

dynamic_utils.c: In function ‘dynamic_FIX_SALT_TO_HEX’:
dynamic_utils.c:163:3: warning: field width specifier ‘*’ expects
argument of type ‘int’, but argument 3 has type ‘long int’ [-Wformat]
dynamic_utils.c:163:3: warning: field precision specifier ‘.*’ expects
argument of type ‘int’, but argument 4 has type ‘long int’ [-Wformat]

magnum