Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2012 07:37:43 -0600
From: RB <aoz.syn@...il.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: JtR:Multi-GPU Setups

On Fri, Apr 6, 2012 at 01:55, SAYANTAN DATTA <std2048@...il.com> wrote:
> Did you run any openCL application? If so, which vendor's openCL did you
> use?   Does it detect both the cards?

FWIW, OpenCL (at least on my Linux platform) recognizes both the
single card that I have and the system's processor as available
"platforms", but JtR has only been coded to use one at a time.  From
what little additional reading I've done, programming OpenCL to use
multiple platforms is as "easy" as initializing each and shuffling
work to them.  Where it appears to get difficult is deciding how much
of the work to deliver to each platform.

I, for one, would be happy to be able to use both GPU and CPU at once,
or multiple GPUs, but haven't the time and resources to start hacking
at that.