Date: Thu, 05 Apr 2012 19:29:15 +0200
From: magnum <john.magnum@...hmail.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: JtR:Multi-GPU Setups

On 04/05/2012 07:07 PM, SAYANTAN DATTA wrote:
> However I want to know whether I can mix GPUs from two
> different brands and run them together for openCL GPU accelaration?  If
> yes, then how?  In windows 7 it is possible to install drivers from both
> vendors but I am not sure whether we can use both of them together
> simultaneously under openCL.  Also I would like to know the possibilities
> under linux .

I too would appreciate any clues or hints.

I am currently trying to put an nvidia GTX580 and a low-end AMD Cedar
(just for testing) into one machine, running Linux. It's not working yet
but I think I'm close. I think you need to connect the physical monitor
to the AMD card, and just configure a dummy screen for nvidia.

magnum