Date: Wed, 04 Apr 2012 09:43:06 -0300
From: Claudio André <claudioandre.br@...il.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: OpenCL runtime errors

Hi, since you sad there are some delay, the error might occur in "setup".

So, i put more error treatment in find_best_kpc and  find_best_workgroup
routines. If you can try this patch and check the results, i will be
grateful. I expect a "managed" error now.

Thanks.

PS: recently, i haven't read e-mails that are not (directly) sent to me.
If someone sent a message and need an answer, please just ping me, or
just wait a week or so.

Em 03-04-2012 21:17, Solar Designer escreveu:
> Lukas, magnum -
>
> Somehow four of the OpenCL formats don't work for me on this system
> where I previously had a mix of Nvidia and AMD stuff, which I've now
> temporarily tried to clean up to just Nvidia.  The errors are different.
>
> The rest of the OpenCL formats work fine - specifically, all of
> Samuele's fast hashes and magnum's new RAR with OpenCL pass the tests.
> So my setup is not 100% broken. ;-)  (Also, all CUDA stuff works.)
>
> user@...l:~/john/magnum-jumbo/src$ ../run/john -te -fo=cryptmd5-opencl
> OpenCL platform 0: NVIDIA CUDA, 1 device(s).
> Using device 0: GeForce GTX 570
> OpenCL error (CL_INVALID_VALUE) in file (common-opencl.c) at line (128) - (Error while getting build info)
> user@...l:~/john/magnum-jumbo/src$ ../run/john -te -fo=cryptsha512-opencl
> OpenCL platform 0: NVIDIA CUDA, 1 device(s).
> Using device 0: GeForce GTX 570
> Segmentation fault (core dumped)
> user@...l:~/john/magnum-jumbo/src$ ../run/john -te -fo=phpass-opencl
> OpenCL platform 0: NVIDIA CUDA, 1 device(s).
> Using device 0: GeForce GTX 570
> OpenCL error (CL_OUT_OF_RESOURCES) in file (opencl_phpass_fmt.c) at line (162) - (Run kernel)
> user@...l:~/john/magnum-jumbo/src$ ../run/john -te -fo=mscash2-opencl
> OpenCL platform 0: NVIDIA CUDA, 1 device(s).
> Using device 0: GeForce GTX 570
> Benchmarking: mscash2-OPENCL [PBKDF2_HMAC_SHA1]... SYNC FAILED
> Write Read FAILED
> FAILED (get_hash[0](8092))
>
> The segfault for cryptsha512-opencl occurs with a delay of 10 seconds or
> so.  All or some of this is probably something I'll need to deal with on
> my end (such as by reinstalling), yet I thought it might be helpful to
> have this recorded.
>
> Alexander

View attachment "openCL_crypt512.patch" of type "text/x-patch" (11880 bytes)