Date: Wed, 04 Apr 2012 01:46:55 +0200
From: magnum <john.magnum@...hmail.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: RAR OpenCL committed to git

On 04/04/2012 01:36 AM, Solar Designer wrote:
> Apparently, AES-NI works despite of the "AES-NI engine not available"
> message.  Apparently, with your version of OpenSSL you had to use the
> "aesni" engine, but on 1.0.1 it is sufficient to use EVP.

OK, I'll just remove that notice, it was mostly for debugging. Besides,
the aesni engine (in 1.0.0) do speed up things quite a bit even without
AES-NI instructions, possibly by enabling use of better code.

BTW when converting to EVP I just implemented the thread-locking
callbacks that Dhiru first used in the ssh format. In RAR I haven't seen
any regression like you were discussing then.

magnum