Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2012 10:22:14 +0530
From: Dhiru Kholia <dhiru.kholia@...il.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: mozilla format minor problems

On Thu, Mar 29, 2012 at 3:01 AM, magnum <john.magnum@...hmail.com> wrote:
> Dhiru,
>
> I had the strangest segfault problems in latest committed mozilla
> format, that ended up being because I had the old format infiles - I
> just needed to re-run mozilla2john (I knew that but I forgot it!). You
> may want to handle invalid input files better (perhaps just make valid()
> less promiscuos).

I will try to validate the complete ciphertext in valid() by calling
strtok in a loop and checking the times it returned valid strings.
What do you think about this idea?

> Another issue: When building without NSS installed (and HAVE_NSS
> disabled of course), I get the following output when building:
>
> Package nss was not found in the pkg-config search path.
> Perhaps you should add the directory containing `nss.pc'
> No package 'nss' found
> Package nss was not found in the pkg-config search path.
> Perhaps you should add the directory containing `nss.pc'
> No package 'nss' found
>
> I think we should try to mute them though I'm not sure how. Just adding
> --silence-errors to pkg-config would not handle the case where a system
> doesn't even have pkg-config installed.

Currently we have.

CFLAGS = -c -Wall -O2 .. `pkg-config --cflags nss`

Instead of this can we have:

ifdef HAVE_NSS
CFLAGS = -c -Wall -O2 ... `pkg-config --cflags nss`
else
CFLAGS = -c -Wall -O2 ... $(JOHN_CFLAGS)

And sample applies to LDFLAGS. Do you think this will solve the problem?

--
Cheers,
Dhiru