Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2012 08:18:09 +0530
From: Dhiru Kholia <dhiru.kholia@...il.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: [JtR patch] Fast cracker for Mozilla Firefox,
 Thunderbird and SeaMonkey master passwords.

On Sat, Mar 24, 2012 at 10:04 PM, magnum <john.magnum@...hmail.com> wrote:
> If you could possibly get a real test vector into it, that would be
> excellent. But I'm not sure how :)

Can the test vectors structure (fmt_tests) be initialized dynamically
from init()? That might solve the problem

> Could you hard-code a small database into a couple of arrays? Do you
> need the full three files signons.sqlite, key3.db and cert8.db? How
> large are these files, minimum?

Only key3.db is needed and we could have 2-3 of them in unused/ and
point to them from the fmt_tests structure.

> Also, did you give OMP a shot? Maybe things you use are not thread-safe?

Will be working on adding OMP support today. I think (so far) that the
code will be OMP friendly.

--
Cheers,
Dhiru