Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2012 22:13:03 +0800
From: myrice <qqlddg@...il.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Hello, interested on slow hash and fast hash on GPU

Hi,

I have talked with Lukas and got very valuable information. Thanks him!
Since I am familiar with CUDA and hundreds lines of OpenCL, in this year of
GSoC, I would like to complete slow and fast hashes on page[1]:
http://www.openwall.com/lists/john-users/2011/03/19/3), I see there are
about 50 hashing functions to be implemented. The page[1] only list 13.
What's the remain?

I also want to know how much of crypto knowledge I should know. I am now
learning online cryptography courses of Stanford. However, I think it is
too slow for the project. Any other learning materials?

In addition, from Lukas and your GSoC page, I see optimization is needed.
Can you provide me an example for me to start with?

Thanks!

Content of type "text/html" skipped