Date: Sun, 04 Mar 2012 13:14:12 +0100
From: Samuele Giovanni Tonon <samu@...uxasylum.net>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: CUDA & OpenCL status

On 03/04/12 02:55, Solar Designer wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 04, 2012 at 02:26:04AM +0100, magnum wrote:
>> It sure was my fault and it had little to do with GPU, it was the fact I
>> implicitly use pre-built intrinsics for GPU builds but forgot an
>> important #define...
>>
>> Fixed in git trees now. Thanks for reporting.
>
> Thanks for fixing.  BTW, should we possibly add these lines:
>
> NVIDIA_CUDA = /usr/local/cuda
> #ATISTREAMSDKROOT = /opt/AMDAPP
>
> to the Makefile?
>
> If not, then where are these settings supposed to come from?

i've made some changes to the Makefile, i need some few more test
and then i'll pull request to magnum, that will help fixing the
NVIDIA_CUDA and ATISTREAMSDKROOT issue in the Makefile.
those come from environ as suggested by nvidia and ati/amd.
in amd 2.6 atistreamsdkroot was renamed to AMDAPPSDKROOT and that
is causing some problem, i think i've fixed them with these lines
in the Makefile

ifdef NVIDIA_CUDA
OCLROOT=$(NVIDIA_CUDA)
else
OCLROOT=/usr/local/cuda
endif
ifdef AMDAPPSDKROOT
OCLROOT=$(AMDAPPSDKROOT)
endif
ifdef ATISTREAMSDKROOT
OCLROOT=$(ATISTREAMSDKROOT)
endif

then we will use OCLROOT for both nvidia and amd.

cheers
Samuele