Date: Wed, 29 Feb 2012 11:07:38 -0300
From: Claudio André <claudioandre.br@...il.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Re: OpenCL errors

Hi

On the notebook I first tried the AMD Catalyst drivers i get at the AMD
site. Everything was ok, except, OpenCL. So i tried the driver provided
by Ubuntu and it simply worked. I know it shouldn't, but it happened.
I'm using what worked and was selectec/provided by Canonical.

I noticed there are some OpenCL files provided by the video driver, and
they are not overriden by 2.6 SDK. Maybe one of these 2.5 SDK files is
helping in the sem_wait area, even after i installed the 2.6 SDK.

I tried and It works fine on 2.5.

My opinion, AMD should test everything better. Meanwhile, forget about
SDK 2.6.

Claudio