Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2012 19:03:34 +0400
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Bit slice implementation of DES based hashes

On Tue, Jan 24, 2012 at 08:00:54PM +0530, Piyush Mittal wrote:
> ... right now I
> am just focussing on first encryption using first key because after
> checking through GDB I am not getting the right bits in B after first
> encryption.

OK.

> I don't know where actually is the problem?

Clearly, I cannot guess that without even having seen your code.

> From my side there
> can be problem in Key initialisation only because while retrieving the 768
> key bits I am not getting right sequence.

... or your expectation for the "right" sequence is wrong.

> Is there any way to check whether
> we have done right initialisation of key or not?

When we're uncertain of what to expect, no.  You can as well invoke the
actual block encryption and verify the resulting block.

It appears that you're trying to debug this fine.  I don't know why
you're not succeeding in figuring out what's wrong.

Alexander