Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2012 17:19:38 +0400
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Bit slice implementation of DES based hashes

On Tue, Jan 24, 2012 at 06:31:34AM +0530, Piyush Mittal wrote:
> So what exactly the modifications that I need to in DES_bs_set_key()?

As far as I am currently aware, none.

> Right now I am just calling it with constant key
> "\x80\x11\x22\x33\x44\x55\x66\x77" .

This sounds right to me.  I am not 100% sure about the order of chars,
though - you could look into this or just experiment with it.

More importantly, note that there's a second "set key" call needed for
Oracle hashes - with a variable key.  Perhaps you did not get this far
with implementing your code for these hashes yet, though?

Alexander