Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2012 22:40:33 +0530
From: Piyush Mittal <piyush.cse29@...il.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Bit slice implementation of DES based hashes

> Exact sequence as what you see in the book?

In the book an example with full description is given, through that I was
matching the sequence.

 Is that "Cryptography and Network Security" by Behrouz A. Forouzan?

Yes.

If you're referring to oracle_fmt_plug.c: oracle_init(), then it has the
> parity bits in its specified key dropped by the DES_set_key() call.  We
> need to implement an equivalent of this, which we may do by adjusting our
> specified key value as I had proposed (no need for any runtime overhead).
>
> Things are trickier with these lines, also in oracle_fmt_plug.c:
>
>        DES_ncbc_encrypt((unsigned char *)cur_salt, buf, l, &desschedule1,
> (DES_cblock *) crypt_key, DES_ENCRYPT);
>        DES_set_key((DES_cblock *)crypt_key, &desschedule2);
>
> I think what you need to do here is to apply the normally-excluded (in
> JtR's code) DES final permutation between these two steps.

I am not talking of SSL Des, I am considering bitslice Des that I am
making, In that I am calling DES_bs_set_key() using the key
"\x80\x11\x22\x33\x44\x55\x66\x77" (after parity drop) as you told me in
after parity drop? Even though we have already used parity drop in
DES_bs_init() ?

--
Piyush Mittal

Content of type "text/html" skipped