Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2012 10:03:12 -0800
From: Alain Espinosa <alainesp@...il.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Windows cracker benchmark comparison script

On 1/16/12, Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com> wrote:
> Thanks!  Can you please link to this file from the wiki page? -
>
> http://openwall.info/wiki/john/patches#Other-files-closely-related-to-patches-found-on-this-page

Done.

> Also, I guess you already have some benchmark results to post?

Together with the scripts there is a 'sample_out_all_parsed.csv' to
know how the output looks like. As the output is formatted in Comma
Separated Values format i do not post here and i recommend open the
output file with a spreadsheet program.

> The dependency of your scripts on Java is not great; I think more people
> would possibly use them if you based them on Cygwin instead, maybe with
> Perl (which is available along with Cygwin).  But that's not a reason to
> rewrite anything now if the scripts work for you - since you're the
> primary user. :-)

Maybe in the future i rewrite it in VBScript but i do not think i will use Perl.

saludos,
alain