Date: Sat, 14 Jan 2012 19:13:04 +0530
From: Piyush Mittal <piyush.cse29@...il.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Bit slice implementation of DES based hashes

> You mean, when trying to run your code?  How do you know the problem is
> not elsewhere?

After debugging through gdb till step 3 (according to oracle hash algo that
I documented in my previous posts) is working fine. For some time I am
skipping step 5. And according to step 4 encryption I need to initialise B
block that are also now rightly initialised.

For key initialisation I am using key "\x80\x11\x22\x33\x44\x55\x66\x77" ,
function DES_bs_set_key() and  DES_bs_init(1). but today when I scratch
more about key initialization I came to know that we can't use
DES_bs_init(1) because that is LM specific.

However when I used DES_bs_init(0) I am getting segmentation fault.

Note: These results are according to john-1.7.8

Content of type "text/html" skipped