Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2011 18:35:35 +0400
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Bit slice implementation of DES based hashes

On Fri, Dec 23, 2011 at 04:25:28PM +0530, piyush mittal wrote:
> Oh...This is main problem between east n west...Day vs Night...no
> communication.I think today I need to sacrifice my night sleep.

No communication?  Your previous message didn't look like it required a
reply - you made a single statement, which was correct, and you did not
ask any questions.  Did you expect a reply?

Then, regardless of day or night and sleep or work, I am not treating
messages on john-dev as urgent.  I generally try to respond promptly,
but when I don't it does not mean that something is wrong.

Finally, I am neither on the "east" nor on the "west" as it relates to
e-mail correspondence.  In case you're curious, I am in Moscow, Russia,
but at Openwall we're providing services to clients throughout the
world, including in the US.  Thus, staying up late or even throughout
the night is not unusual for me.  It is also not unusual to be working
at day time and sleeping at night.  It just varies from day to day.
And days are not always 24-hour long. ;-)  This is probably bad for my
health, but it's been this way for years.

So please don't expect prompt responses from me at a specific time of
day just because of the time of day.  In general, I try to respond
within 24 hours, but please don't be surprised if on some occasion I
don't - this also happens.  In fact, I have a non-zero percentage of
e-mail messages that I happen to not respond to, for lack of time or
otherwise.  If you ask a question, please be sure to end it with a
question mark.  If you need comments on something you wrote, please be
sure to ask for comments explicitly.

> On Fri, Dec 23, 2011 at 7:33 AM, piyush mittal <piyush.cse29@...il.com> wrote:
> > Bit layer here means to say any perticular Nth bit of all words present.

Yes.

Alexander