Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2011 23:31:14 +0530
From: piyush mittal <piyush.cse29@...il.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Bit slice implementation of DES based hashes

> Given this understanding, do you see why your piece of code where you
> were putting entire octets from plain_salt_mix[] into elements of B[]
> was obviously wrong?

Yes that was totally wrong.because today only I have read the paper.

Also, do you understand why the get_hash() functions process a few
> initial elements of B[] only?

No this I am not getting.Why here only B[0] have taken?Is here just 1st bit
of each hash is checking?? and Does DEPTH here represents total number of
words present??

--
Piyush Mittal
National Institute of Technology,Rourkela

Content of type "text/html" skipped